- Nashville, TN.
- $15.00 an hour
- Temp to Hire: This is a way for clients and talent to test the waters. It allows potential employees to prove themselves to the company and see if the culture is a good fit. Likewise, it allows the client to test the candidate for a certain period of time. During the contract period, the talent is employed by Wood Personnel Services.
A reputable Nashville company is currently seeking an Accounting Assistant who will be responsible for ensuring that all assets are properly reviewed, processed in a timely and efficient manner, including setting vendors up in the system, processing payments and uploading assets into the Property Accounting system in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Compensation for the Accounting Assistant:
- $15.00 an hour
Requirements of the Accounting Assistant:
- Highly organized and proficient at multi-tasking
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of files, conversations and documents
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical, math and Accounting skills and ledger balancing experience
Responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant:
- Provide to all internal/external customers a high quality of customer service
- Maintain communication with department leadership/management on the status of assigned duties
- Review and upload projects in a timely manner using appropriate Accounting Policy to Property Accounting System
- Process all corrections timely (cost/deletions/transfers)
- Complete Clear Expense and Capitalized Interest entries each period in accordance to policy & procedures
- Key invoices into ePro and review any payment exceptions daily
- Perform daily ePro to Capital Expenditure System batch balancing of Construction in Progress Account/balance weekly to the Accounting System
- Key all retirements/transfer timely and in accordance with policy and procedures
- Clear all rejects in Vendor Payment system and the Accounting System rejects daily
- Balance all accounts timely & accurately
- Complete all vendor setups in ePro/ARIBA
- Complete all vendor setups/changes documents for submission to Data Integrity department
- Prepare and answer questions related to entries made through the Property Accounting Systems
- Provide timely and accurate information to internal/external customers and to the Plants (Managers & Engineers) at both Associate and Controller levels
Please respond with an updated resume and contact information. You may also apply in person
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. and at our Nashville office:
2 International Plaza, Suite 800
Nashville, TN 37217
(In the gold building on Briley Parkway, in between I-40 and Murfreesboro Road)
When coming to apply, make sure to bring the appropriate ID(s) for the I-9 verification. For more information, feel free to contact our Nashville Office & Administrative location at (615) 399-0050.