- Lebanon, TN.
- $13.50 - $14.50
- Temp to Hire: This is a way for clients and talent to test the waters. It allows potential employees to prove themselves to the company and see if the culture is a good fit. Likewise, it allows the client to test the candidate for a certain period of time. During the contract period, the talent is employed by Wood Personnel Services.
A retail display manufacturer located in Lebanon, TN is seeking MIG Welders on their 1st and 2nd shift crew. This would be a temp-to-hire job opportunity with an excellent company to grow with. The ideal candidate must have at least one year of experience MIG welding and be able to pass on-site testing.
Compensation and Hours for MIG Welder:
- $13.50 - $14.50 an hour (depending upon shift)
- Monday - Friday
- 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Requirements of MIG Welder:
- Perform job tasks, keeping safety first.
- Willing to be flexible with work hours, departments, and schedules.
- Must be a team player and be able to read product prints.
- Self-assess work and use good judgment to ensure that a quality product is produced.
- Strong work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a production welder with MIG welding experience
- Must pass pre-employment tests including weld test and drug screen
Responsibilities of MIG Welder:
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, and determines sequence of operations.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly/tacking and or welding using prescribed fixtures and proper work procedures.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as MIG and TIG welding machines, Grinders ETC.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or portable grinders.
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.
Please respond with an updated resume and contact information. You may also apply in person
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at our Lebanon office:
1221 S. Hartmann Drive, Suite G
Lebanon, TN 37090
When coming to apply, make sure to bring the appropriate ID(s) for the I-9 verification. For more information, feel free to contact our Lebanon office at (615) 453-1001.