Wood Personnel is seeking an immediate experienced MIG Welder for a busy manufacturing environment located within Lebanon city limits. This is a long-term, temp-to-hire opportunity with immediate start dates available.
Wood Personnel Services is open and staffing companies in Middle Tennessee during COVID19. To ensure the safety and well-being of our applicants, all applications will be completed online. Afterwards, an interview, via video call can be scheduled with one of our recruiters. For any questions, please give our Lebanon office at (615) 453-1001.
Compensation and Hours for the MIG Welder:
- $14.50 an hour
- Monday – Friday
- 10:30 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
Requirements of MIG Welder:
- Perform job tasks, keeping safety first.
- Willing to be flexible with work hours, departments, and schedules.
- Must be a team player and be able to read product prints.
- Self-assess work and use good judgment to ensure that a quality product is produced.
- Strong work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a production welder with MIG welding experience
- Must pass pre-employment tests including weld test and drug screen
Responsibilities of MIG Welder:
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, and determines sequence of operations.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly/tacking and or welding using prescribed fixtures and proper work procedures.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as MIG and TIG welding machines, Grinders ETC.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or portable grinders.
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.