La Vergne, Tennessee
Pay Rate: $16 - $19 an hour. Wood Personnel is recruiting for a Temp to Hire Computer Technician for an IT firm in La Vergne, TN. Qualified candidates will have experience with basic server troubleshooting, diagnostic testing, route cause analysis and general IT protocols and practices. This is an excellent opportunity for junior to midlevel Desk Top Support Technicians. Overtime is required.
Compensation and Hours of the Computer Technician:
- $16.00 - $19.00 an hour (based on experience)
- 1st shift: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 1st shift over time Hours – 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Monday – Friday) & 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Saturday’s)
- 2nd shift: 4:30 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- 2nd shift over time hours: Monday – Friday, 4:30pm to 3:00am & Saturday 2:30pm to 9:00pm
- Medical benefits available during temporary phase
- Medical, Dental, Vision and retirement options when brought on permanently
Responsibilities of the Computer Technician:
- Provide support to servers in a 500+ cloud based server environment.
- Troubleshoot problems and resolve accordingly
- Manage ticketing activities, following up to ensure open issues are resolved.
- Install software and provide connectivity as needed
- Utilize strong route cause analysis to determine foundation of issues
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, ensuring complete customer satisfaction in terms of expectations, deliverables and deadlines.
- Facilitate and provide excellent communications between, senior management, and technical team/colleagues.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
Requirements of the Computer Technician:
- 1-3 years of experience in a cloud server environment
- Must have experience in current technologies
- Applicable IT certifications or training a plus
- Experience with cloud based server management and troubleshooting, Windows 7, 8 and/or 10, ticketing software.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree and/or technical certifications i.e. MCSE, CompTIA A+, Network+, CCNA or other is a plus