La Vergne, Tennessee
Pay Rate: Up to $40.00 an hour. A La Vergne, TN based manufacturer is currently hiring a Contract Quality Engineer. The Engineer will collaborate with fellow Engineers, and Technicians, to oversee quality control in the La Vergne manufacturing location. The ideal candidate will have 4+ or more years of experience as a Quality Engineer in a fast-pace manufacturing environment, and a related Bachelor Degree.
Compensation for the Quality Engineer:
- Up to $40.00 an hour (based on experience)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance offered
- Monday – Friday
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Requirements of Quality Engineer:
- 4+ years’ experience as a Quality Engineer
- Experience in a hands on engineering environment
- Bachelor Degree required
- A strong technical understanding of APQP, PPAP, Quality Audits, seven basic tools of quality, planning and supplier relations
- Strong communication skills
Responsibilities of Quality Engineer:
- Works with Quality Team (Manager, SPC and Techs) to implement and uphold manufacturing quality processes.
- Must express a strong sense of urgency to conduct hands-on problem solving initiatives
- Work with Production, Quality and Clients to execute product take-offs, ensuring their execution.
- Experience working with and creating complex statistical reports and production analysis (SPC).
- Understanding of manufacturing equipment and machinery, including tooling or other fixtures.
- Experience, or basic understanding of, quality control/engineering processes, including: PPAP, APQP, FMEA’s.
- Lead process audits and continuous improvement analysis.
- The ability to create reports and analyze statistical data (excel).